Saturday, February 11, 2012

Leaving for Home

I don't have much to say for this post - tomorrow is my last day here in Ghana and then I'll be on my way home.  I can't believe how fast the time went and I wish I could stay - yet, I know it's time to come home.  I believe that I'll have the opportunity to come here again - someday, and hopefully soon.  This experience has meant so much to me from the beginning to the end.  God has ordered my steps and has never once left me through the many emotions, struggles, and triumphs I experienced.  The thing I'm most thankful for is the work that God has done and is doing in my heart.  There are no words that can adequately express what my heart feels, so I won't try.  Instead, I'd like to share a scripture that I've known for years but was only recently quickened to my life personally.

Psalm 91:1, 2 - "He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.  I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress:  my God, in Him will I trust."

To celebrate, my fellow coffee drinker Mr. Ambrose and I had our own creation consisting of espresso, fan ice, ice, and powdered milk.  We didn't drink it till 11, so we'll most likely be up for quite a while!

I know that God placed the Brennans and Diane here for many different reasons - I believe one of them was for the time I would be here with them.  They encouraged me, challenged me, and helped me as I grew in my walk with God.  I'm so thankful for their input and love.

I'll write more and post some photos when I get home, but for now, I'm posting my last post from the Oasis Training Centre in Prampram, Ghana, West Africa!  Thank you for reading and for all of your encouraging comments as I posted.

Don't cry because it's over.......smile because it happened.